Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Time to play catch up :-)

After waking up to a terribly cold and wet day, I decided to do some cooking & cleaning in the morning and promised myself some time in the sewing room in the afternoon.

I had a list of things I wanted to complete today - I am pleased to say I completed my tasks ;-)

I was so very far behind on my CraftMad June sewing swap - we had to make up a softie, swap with another member and agree to do a drop for the Toy Society BLOG .

My first softie turned out a bit of a mess, so I started again.  It suddenly came to me that it did not really need to be an animal - so I decided to make up some blocks.

I cheated a bit ;-)  I had lots of squares left over from my baby quilt, and thought they would be perfect for these blocks.  Unfortunately, these were cut out in my early days, and they are not quite square, but that adds to the rustic charm ;-) 
I just need to print out the blurb, place items in a bag and then pass over to Mandy so that she can do the drop.  Hopefully, Mandy will have a softie for me so I can do the drop for her.


Next up, I put the finishing touches on my CraftMad July sewing swap - a christmas wall hanging for Mandy.  I am fairly pleased with this, seeing it is my first wall hanging.  The hanging tabs are a bit crooked, but I didn't want to take it apart and make Mandy wait any longer - she has been patient enough with me as it is.  We are going to catch up over a cup of coffee and I can give her my 'creations'  in person.

I received a gawgeous wall hanging from Merry a beautiful pic is here - I love it!  I can't wait for December so that I can hang it up.

Pop on over to the CraftMad Gallery and check out photos of our previous swaps - maybe even join in for the next one!  The more the merrier!

Next came Block #11 for JRSQA (see icon on sidebar)

this one came together quite easily
Block #12 has been posted and I hope to get to it soon!

I am still so very unsure about what to do for the sashing and/or background/backing.  Once I have finished Block #12, I can have a play with some other sashings and see what I can come up with.

It was so worth getting wet and cold when I went out to the mailbox this morning ;-)


These two lovely items were in the mail - blocks from  CraftyPug - I love them, they are so bright and beautiful.  There was some extra dotty material and some embroidery cotton as well - thank you so much! 
I am really enjoying being part of this Block Swap group (see icon on sidebar).

Must be off now - it is time to start preparing tea - sausages & mash & onions - mmmmmmmmm my fave!

1 comment:

  1. so weird to see my blocks on someone elses blog - very very cool - and so glad you liked them!!!
    your work is lovely - i love the softie cubes - a great idea for the toy society!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is most appreciated!