Sunday, November 7, 2010

My First Paper Pieced block

I wanted to try a paper pieced block - I was so impressed with the block Mary from Canada sent me, I just had to give it a try.

Mary very kindly pointed me to this link and here is what I produced ;-)


I have impressed myself  LOL  -  I used up some scraps half expecting it not to turn out, but now I think I will get some more of that purple to make an outer border to bring the block up to a 12" inch block.

I am now trying to imagine what combination I can use with my christmas fabric ;-)


5 comments:

  1. Your block is just stunning. So crisp. Love it.
    Great fat 1/4's from Spotlight. Have fun using them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had such a complex block for your first pp!! What a great job, can't wait to see what you try next!!
    Happy Quilting,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow - that is amazing! such a different look - love it. have fun with the chrissie fabric - a folded tree perhaps?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous block - and pretty Christmas fabric too! Have fun with that pretty fabric!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is most appreciated!