Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Rain, Rain, go away, come again another day!!!

Well, we certainly got a HUGE amount of rain here in Adelaide yesterday

see this story for more details
(FYI - I live in the northern suburbs and we had 51 mm/2 inches in just a few hours)

I had plans to go to the city to meet a girlfriend for lunch, but got absolutely soaked on the way to the bus stop, broke a shoe, and got a blister from where my wet shoes were rubbing.

Not Happy Jan!!!


I hobbled back home and we have made plans to catch up next week.

When I went to the letterbox this morning,
a damp package was waiting for me ;-(

It was the block from Sue for Block Swap Adventure.

Unfortunately, the terrible weather has taken it's toll on the block ;-(


The reds have run ;-(


On a positive note, I do so love the fabric with the gold words ;-)



4 comments:

  1. What a shame the colour has run in this block. Sounds like you are living up here with me. lol Nice materials in the block all the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful block. Shame it ran. Can you get it out???

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sucks about the rain, but the block is still beautiful.

    Stay dry!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is most appreciated!