I was just looking at my stack of Rainbow Charms and wishing I had more ;-)
It is being run by Kelly (fellow do.Good Stitcher)
My Fabrics - 1 Red & 1 Blue
This is an extract from Kelly's blog
What to do:
- Assign yourself a colour on sign up. (remember it doesn't really matter what colour you sign up for its cut and sent)
- Buy (1) metre of fabric of prints in your color assigned
- fabric should be 100% high quality quilters cotton (from a reputable online quilt fabric store - Spotlight or Lincraft from the quilters section. NO cheap fabric allowed - if you really don't like it don't send it we all will appreciate good quality!)
- Your fabric should "read" the color assigned you, but it can have small flecks of other colors if you choose. You should steer clear of large print fabrics as once they are cut into 5"x5" charms you loose the print.
- do NOT wash your fabric.
- Cut your selected fabric into 5" charms (see this great tutorial by Elizabeth Hartman for making your cuts). Each metre of fabric should = (56) 5"x5" charms. Which means that total you will be sending me (56) charms.
- Put your stacks of fabric into a Zip bag and include the details of you and your fabrics on an index card
- your name, e-mail address, physical address, fabric name and company, ...
- Send me your fabric, and a self addressed stamped envelope (see below) to me no later than 3 weeks after the 28 spots are filled if I will email when this has happened.
- you will be getting about the same weight of material back, so once you know how much it costs to send your fabric to me, you can include the same amount of postage on the self addressed envelope you include
- OR you can include a express post paid envelope for me to send your charms back to you in
- Post on our flickr group which prints you have selected to ensure there are no doubles. When you do, this is where you should also include info about the print for others to see - fabric name, line, company.
- Enjoy your charms once they are sent back to you!
Thank you for visiting my blog today - I hope you have a good day.
Remember, any day doing something you love makes it a good day ;-)
Doing what you like is freedom. Liking what you do is happiness.