Sunday, May 22, 2011

FNSI - will now resume normal programming :-)

As mentioned in a previous post, my FNSI got interrupted :-(


Here is the list of what I wanted to complete!

  1. Buttonhole on Towel Topper for Let's Exchange swap
  2. Pineapple blossom blocks for Block Lotto
  3. pick Fat Quarters for May yellow Fat Quarter Swap
  4. work on Red & White quilt with blocks won on Block Lotto


This is how far I got on Friday


Fabrics washed, ironed, sorted and ready to cut.

 I completed cutting my FQs for the May FQ swap.


Wendy & Barb, please use the photo above as your sneak peek - you won't know which ones you will receive ;-)
your FQs will be in the mail on Monday, with apologies for being late.


Next, I tackled the buttonhole device on the new Brother and made my first buttonholes - YAY

I need a bit more practice to get some really nice stitches in future ;-)
It is only a snippet photo as this is for my Let's Exchange swap partner who I know reads my blog, and I don't want to spoil the surprise.
So, along with my first buttonhole, I have made my first towel topper.
This will be in the mail on Monday, with apologies for being late.

so I resumed my FNSI - making it a SMSI (Saturday/Sunday morning sew in)



I worked on a block for Pat (no blog), for the Christmas Block Swap
Pat, your block will be in the mail on Monday, with apologies for being late.


Saturday sewing was interrupted with a weather warning.  We were expecting the same bad weather that hit Perth a few days earlier.  So we went out and checked and cleaned our gutters, while we were out we pruned a few bushes and cleaned a bit.  It rained a bit overnight, and was a bit windy, but nothing like what we had been warned about.  I suppose it still may hit today.


This tree has had all of the lovely autumn leaves blown off - the skies are completely grey as far as the eye can see.  A good day to stay inside and sew, me thinks ;-)

Here is my list of what I actually completed!

  1. Block for Christmas Quilt Block Swap - completed
  2. Buttonhole on Towel Topper for Let's Exchange swap - completed
  3. Pineapple blossom blocks for Block Lotto
  4. pick & cut Fat Quarters for May yellow Fat Quarter Swap - completed
  5. work on Red & White quilt with blocks won on Block Lotto
Three out of Seven - not good - time for some more sewing.



2 comments:

  1. Oh no... any finish is a good finish I say. It's all about enjoyment... nice work on ALL your projects... wink wink!
    Enjoy your upcoming week! HaPPy SeWiNg :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry to read about your loss - good to have such wonderful memories together. well done on what you did get to...have a good week
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is most appreciated!