Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Another happy swapper ;-)

The block I made for Sue for the March BSA swap has arrived

here is the tease photo

Sue requested autumn tones - reds, oranges, yellows throw in some green and the block choice was up to me.  As Sue is making up a sampler quilt, I thought the D4P (Disappearing 4 Patch) block I recently made for Block Lotto would be perfect. 

I can't add up to save my life, so I got some help from my husband (the walking calculator) to upsize the 8 1/2 inch block to a 12 1/2 inch block.

here it is

I love the D4P - it is relatively simple to make, but looks more complicated ;-)


4 comments:

  1. Don't ya just love all the diappearing patch blocks! Nice work Cathy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the rich red fabric you used in this, quite striking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice... I like the warm tones.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is most appreciated!