Friday, January 14, 2011

QLD Flood Appeal – doing my little bit ;-)




I am sure that the majority of people now reading this post are fully aware of the devastation that has been caused by the floods in Queensland. It is mind-blowing to think that 75% of the State has been declared a disaster zone.


If you haven't already been over to see how you can help Gum Tree Designers with their 'New Beginnings' appeal, please visit HERE and read how you can help.






Toni at Make it Perfect has organised a huge on-line auction and all proceeds will be going to the Premier’s Flood Appeal.

For a complete list of auctions that have been set up to raise funds



 Now for my little effort ;-)




I recently listed some gathered clutch purses in my ETSY store with a note that 50% of sales would go towards QLD flood relief. I have decided to withdraw some of those listings and list them here on this blog, as an auction with 100% of the sales to go towards the Premier’s Flood Appeal.


Please see my AUCTIONS post for my individual listings and how it will all work.

I am also in the process of making up some QAYG blocks for Oz Comfort Quilts (tutorial HERE) and am hoping to finish a baby quilt to donate as well. 



2 comments:

  1. Hi Cathy,
    I am trying to find a post on how to build one of these blocks so that I can work on one of these to get them there to be put together.
    Thanks,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shauna - have put a link in the above post
    http://kaiteyarngarden.blogspot.com/2011/01/tute-quilt-as-you-go-qayg-quilt-blocks.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment, it is most appreciated!